Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm not in Kansas Anymore!!













For those of you who read my blog, I guess you could tell I haven't posted in awhile. I was in Kansas on a junkin' trip. (is there anything better?) I found some jewels that are awesome. I have a thing for old jewelry. Plus, I needed more for more bracelets. I love to imagine who wore the jewelry and try to figure out how old it is. It truly is treasure hunting for me.

I found some great antique/vintage pieces for my shop. Almost everything needed a little paint, wallpaper on the shelves, etc. But, of course, that is the most fun part for me. My shop right now is so full, this stuff might have to wait awhile! Isn't my garage a mess! I give up my side of the garage just for storage, and my work area. I'm not like my other friends who have these beautiful, neat, work space INSIDE! I work in the garage. It really only makes sense with all of the hammering, nailing, sanding, painting, etc. I do have a space heater, otherwise, in CO it would be what my friend and I say "NO GO"!

This is a photo of my BFF Meg's sink in Kansas! I just thought it was beautiful and needed to be photographed. Plus, she's been hauling these two stained glass pieces around for a few years to new homes (military wife), and then, TA DA the perfect window! I love it!














This is the view of the Kansas landscape in winter off of BFF Meg's back porch! I just love this view and have been meaning to take a photo for quite some time. It's truly Kansas to have a farm and right next to it a subdivision of houses!

After reading my friend, Kasey's blog, and finding out about the tragic loss of someone's baby this week, I was finding it difficult to do a post. But, decided to put up pictures of random things that I find have beauty. It is in a time such as this, that I will hug my boys a little tighter, and thank God for their health and for strength to the family who has lost their sweet baby here on earth.

9 comments:

The Kramer Angle said...

Okay, well I want everything in your garage for either my house or my barn sale! I hope you start posting more!

P.S. I still would like a t-shirt!

Gail

Kasey said...

you posted! Yeah! Looks like another lovely trip Beth! Now I just need to get you out here for a flea market weekend, since you are not coming for the WE event.
let's plan.
xoxo

Jeanne Oliver said...

I can't wait to see what you create with the new jewels. I need a white one for summer. I get complements whenever I wear the ones I have bought from you. That garage is awesome! I am coming shopping there!!!

Maisy said...

Love this post.
You now have a new follower. Love all the stuff you picked up!
Check my blog on Friday. Doing a great giveaway~

Honey Bend Vintage said...

Enjoyed visitng your blog~ Some great things you found.
Bristol

Anonymous said...

You're the traveling girl! You've been missed. Can't wait to see what you create!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Good finds, where did you go in KS?

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

What a great chippy cabinet, I love it, great blog!!! Many Blessings, Janna

kanishk said...

I hope you start posting more!

Work from home India